[WEB4LIB] IE's base font size upon install

Jim Jacobs ss3 at weber.ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 11 13:31:39 EST 2002

> My concern is what might we expect from those who use IE and do not know
> how to adjust their font sizes ... at which font size are they most likely
> to see my web pages if they don't fiddle with their settings?
>
> Thanks.
> -kb
> Kevin W. Bishop

	I don't know about the IE base font question, but you might find
	these helpful:

	What Size is FONT SIZE?
	http://www.netmechanic.com/news/vol3/design_no8.htm

	font galleries (screen shots of a Latin sentence taken from
             four browser/platform combinations: IE 5/Mac, Navigator
             4.7/Mac, IE 5.5/PC, and Navigator 4.7/PC. Each font has
             examples of sizes specified in points, pixels, and basic
             HTML font tags to illustrate how font rendering
             characteristics can affect page appearance.
	http://developer.apple.com/internet/fonts/fonts_gallery.html

    font comparisons:
	http://www.wpdfd.com/wpdfonts.htm

	Give me Pixels (article)
	http://www.alistapart.com/stories/fear4/

---
Jim Jacobs, Data Services Librarian             voice: (858) 534-1262
University of California, San Diego               FAX: (858) 534-7548
9500 Gilman Drive   Library 0175-R                  jajacobs at ucsd.edu
La Jolla, CA 92093-0175