[WEB4LIB] Email Services

James Cayz cayz at lib.de.us
Sun Jan 27 10:04:18 EST 2002

Tasmin, All;

The State Library of Delaware will be rolling out a WebMail system for all
PL staff in the very near future (as soon as I return from vacation ...).

It will hopefully all run on a single Sun Ultra 5/400, and uses IMAP
instead of POP to allow the users to truly roam around since any saved
emails are saved on the server, not on the (changing) local machine.
(Disk space is cheap).

Also, WebMail allows the system admin to create / change the "skins", to
make it customized for the local audience.

Since I know of at least two products called WebMail, the proper reference
is necesary: http://netwinsite.com/ .  They offer a 50% discount on
educational purchases!

Enjoy,

James

| James Cayz          Telecommunications / Network Technologist I          |
| Email:cayz at lib.de.us     Voice:302-739-4748 x130      Fax:302-739-6787   |
| Delaware Division of Libraries # 43 S. DuPont Hwy / Dover, DE 19901-7430 |