[WEB4LIB] RE: Googol?

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Thu Jan 10 15:01:25 EST 2002

    Also note that one is a search engine and the other is a number. I've run
across several people who confuse the spelling of Google because they're thinking
of the number googol, which is 10 to the power of 100, or a 1 followed by 100
zeros. I know why a googol is called a googol, but I have no idea where Google got
their name. Can anyone enlighten me there? I checked their FAQs, but I never saw
the reason.

Dan

--
Mondai wa
The subject in question...
dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
-------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
                     -Hunter S. Thompson