non-SGML characters

bob at esrl.lib.md.us bob at esrl.lib.md.us
Thu Jan 31 13:17:36 EST 2002

Hello.

I've been using the • character to separate our address information
at the bottom of our pages. But now, as I'm moving to XHTML 1.0, I'm
finding that when I validate these characters are returned with the error
"reference to non-SGML character".

Here's my line to define content-type:

Is there a different charset I should be using that would allow these
characters to validate properly?

I could just take them out. They aren't critical. But I'd like to know
why they don't work with XHTML.

--
Bob Long, Eastern Shore Regional Library
Senior Systems Technician