TX Distance Learning Association 6th Annual Conference April 2-4, 2002

Beers, Lonna Lonna.Beers at nhmccd.edu
Tue Jan 29 15:31:42 EST 2002

(Please excuse multiple postings.)

TxDLA 2002--On the Right Track
April 2-4, 2002
Westin Beechwood (near the Texas Motor Speedway!)
Ft. Worth, Texas

Program and online registration now available at the website:
http://www.txdla.org/events/2002Conf/

What an exciting year it has been for TxDLA! The organization has grown to
over 823 members making us the largest state chapter in the United States.
Last year's conference was an overwhelming success; regional groups have
started developing all over the state; and the Fall Leadership Workshop in
Kerrville brought many new faces to the organization.

This year's conference is fast approaching.  Dates are set for April 2-4
at the Westin Beechwood Hotel in Ft. Worth. (Rumor has it that the week of
our conference will conclude with NASCAR races at Texas Motor Speedway.)  We
are excited to have USDLA award winner, Governor Bill Janklow of South
Dakota, as our keynote kicking things off Tuesday morning. We have over 100
breakout and "how to" sessions focusing on key issues of distance learning.
We also have exhibitors sporting the latest and greatest in technology.

Exhibits will be a must see. The all new electronic showcase will feature
top-notch programs from across the state and some very special evening
activities have been planned for your enjoyment. Four Day Weekend, an improv
comedy group, will be delivering two special shows for our group with the
focus on distance learning. This year's conference is a conference you won't
want to miss.

Mark your calendars for April 2-4 to celebrate the success of distance
learning, create new excitement in your career, and continue your
professional growth as we get On The Right Track in 2002. Registration is
now ONLINE!

Marci Powell
TxDLA President-Elect
TxDLA 2002 Conference Chair