[WEB4LIB] RE: monitoring web page changes

gary price gprice at gwu.edu
Mon Jan 28 13:26:16 EST 2002

George:
Several suggestions.

1) If you want to try a client-based product I love  Webspector. It's about $30
and can monitor page changes and report precisely where on the page the new
content is located. You can run an update from once a minute to once a week.
http://www.illumix.com/webspector.htm

Another client tool that works, although it can need some serious tweaking, is
C-4-U.
It's free to download and used at: http://www.c-4-u.com

In terms of web based tools, Infominder seems to be very dependable and will check
up to once an hour.
It also illustrates where on the page the change has occurred.
http://www.infominder.com

Much the same for Watchthatpage.Com and Trackengine.Com
http://www.watchthatpage.com
http://http://www.trackengine.com

All three of these services are available at no charge.

cheers,
gary

Looking for More News, New Sites, Search Tips?
Visit The Virtual Acquisition Shelf and News Desk
http://resourceshelf.blogspot.com

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Librarian
Gary Price Library Research and Internet Consulting
gprice at gwu.edu