Fw: [WEB4LIB] Resetting monitor out of frequency tolerance

Daniel Jolley djolley at gardner-webb.edu
Thu Jan 24 13:04:14 EST 2002

I had a similar problem with the resolution settings on an NT workstation.
The startup screen had been set not to display the menu letting me start up
in VGA mode.  What I had to do was go to another machine, figure out the
keystrokes needed to get to my display settings and make the change, and
then "work blind" on the problem machine in order to get those settings back
to normal.  In my case, even though I only saw the message "out of range" on
the screen, I was still able to sign on and get to what I needed via
keystrokes.

Dan Jolley
Systems Manager
Dover Memorial Library