FW: re Tax form access

Marina Oliver limgo at LIB.TTU.EDU
Thu Jan 24 09:47:37 EST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: 	Tom Rohrig [mailto:liroh at LIB.TTU.EDU]
Sent:	Wednesday, January 23, 2002 4:07 PM
To:	web4lib at webjunction.org
Cc:	liroh at LIB.TTU.EDU; limgo at LIB.TTU.EDU
Subject:	re Tax form access

My colleague at Texas Tech suggested I weigh in on the tax forms question
since we have participated so many years.
Like yourselves, we provide access in many different formats, e.g.  paper,
online link from our Documents webpage, Reproducible forms at our
Documents/Maps Reference Desk, and the Tax Products cd-rom loaded on our
Documents CD-ROM workstation.
The link to our website is  <http://www.lib.ttu.edu/gov_docs/UsGovPub.htm>
In addition, I have found some other actions are useful in spreading the
word to patrons of our services.
1.	Email this information out to the distribution list for our local library
association , e.g. Lubbock Area Library Association.
2.	Email this information to our Communication outreach person so that it
can be posted on our "News" section of our library' website www.lib.ttu.edu
<http://www.lib.ttu.edu>
Finally, our Library' experience in the past couple of years is that people
use the paper and online most frequently and rarely ever use the
Reproducibles or the CD-ROM workstation.  These latter two are most useful
as back-ups when our paper copies are gone and the Internet is unavailable.
Certainly, this is one of the best public relations programs our Library has
as people have come to expect this service over the years.
Tom Rohrig  liroh at lib.ttu.edu <mailto:liroh at lib.ttu.edu>
Texas Tech University Libraries
Lubbock, Texas  79409-0002