Font use in browsers: a clarification

Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org
Tue Jan 15 17:11:09 EST 2002

Let me clarify my earlier mini-poll:

I'm interested in the text font (the right word is typeface, but browsers
call it "font"), not just the type size (e.g. smaller, larger).

Thanks!
-wcc-
__________________

A recent query on browser type sizes reminded me of something I've been
wondering about for some time.

Think of this as a mini-poll. Send answers directly to me
(wcc at notes.rlg.org) and I'll summarize for the list.

1. Do you know how to change the font in your browser? ("Web page font" in
Internet explorer, "Variable Width Font" in Netscape)

2. Have you changed the font?

3. If you have public Internet PCs, has the font been changed in those
browsers?

--and, as an entirely optional bonus question (the first three represent my
primary concern)--

4. If you have changed the font (or if the public PC font has been
changed), what did you change it to?

Comments welcome as always--and let me know if you'd rather not be quoted
by name in a venue other than Web4Lib.

-walt crawford, wcc at notes.rlg.org