OCS printer software and Windows 2000 and crashes

Charles P. Hobbs chhobbs at cdrewu.edu
Wed Feb 20 18:35:22 EST 2002

We use OCS (Output Control Systems) printer software on the NT4
public computers in our library.

We want to upgrade these computers to Windows 2000. But I've run
into a problem: under Windows 2000, and using the OCS printer driver,
Microsoft Word crashes (actually displays "winword.exe has generated
errors") every time we try to select a new font from the "Format" menu.
Occasionally, doing any other tasks with the "Format" box (e.g. changing
text size or color) will also crash Microsoft Word. (Interestingly
enough, changing the fonts from the Toolbar doesn't crash Word).

If I use a regular printer driver as opposed to going through the OCS
system printer driver), Microsoft Word doesn't crash.

I'm about ready to go back to Office 97 and see if it has that
same problem...

Anyone else out there have problem w/OCS? Thanks
--
Charles P. Hobbs
King Drew Health Science Library