Use of ssi's

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Sat Feb 9 21:28:44 EST 2002

Our Library server is a Mac running WebStar.
I/we are all set to recode 25 pages of links to & info about our hundreds of
databases using ssi's to "hide" and "show" the appropriate links when
students are on or off campus (depending on IP range).

Since it was my idea in the first place, I would like some reassurance from
WEB4Libbers that this is not insanity. I did put up a sample page and alter
it after some input from staff and students.

One of the current pages looks like this:
http://www.lib.lfc.edu/journals/a-dbs.html

And it's new look is this:
http://www.lib.lfc.edu/journals/a-dbstesty.html
(note: you will have to look at the code to see the "on campus" stuff).

Here's the page we will be filling in with data unless quickly convinced
otherwise:
http://www.lib.lfc.edu/journals/a-ztemplate.html
(which also requires viewing the code to see the on-campus data).

TIA for all input.

--Nancy Bohm
  Reference and Web Librarian
  Donnelley Library