[WEB4LIB] Cleaning up WORD HTML

Jim Rible Rible at sou.edu
Tue Feb 19 22:44:58 EST 2002

I convert a lot of Word documents and there are two more steps I follow
after the "Clean Up Word HTML".

2. File >> Convert >> 3.0 Compatiable Browser (then select the "CSS
Styles to HTML Markup")
3. Modify >> Page Properties >> Document Encoding (then change it from
"Windows 1252" to "Western (Latin 1)").

Jim Rible
Systems Librarian
Southern Oregon Univesity
rible at sou.edu

>>> "Drew, Bill" <drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU> 02/05/02 05:48PM >>>

Any suggestions for cleaning up Word documents saved as HTML?  I use
the
Commands within Dreamweaver but the code still looks very dirty but
better
than it was.  Any suggestions other than getting them to use something
else?
We are mounting handouts written originally in Word onto our web.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/
Not Just Cows: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
Library: http://library.morrisville.edu
Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
SUNY Morrisville College: America's Most Wired 2 Year College - 2001,
2000