BIOS Print/Capture

Walter Giesbrecht walterg at yorku.ca
Tue Feb 19 19:43:10 EST 2002

Bob Rasmussen wrote:

> I suspect all your answers so far are wrong. When you're
> booting up, and you trigger the BIOS, no other software is
> running. As far as I know, there is no way to print that
> screen, unless a particular BIOS supports that feature itself.

What *does* work on my Dell Dimension XPS H266 (vintage 1997) is
as follows:

1. Enter Setup
2. When the screen you wish to print is displayed, press the
   Print Screen button.
3. Exit Setup and continue the boot-up process.

Once the boot process resumes, the desired screen is printed.
You'll have to re-enter Setup and repeat the process for every
screen you wish to print.

I haven't tried this on any other PC, so your mileage may vary.

Walter W. Giesbrecht                             walterg at yorku.ca
Data Librarian                          (416) 736-2100 ext. 77551
York University, Toronto CANADA                            113SSB