[WEB4LIB] Filtering again

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Tue Feb 19 13:20:57 EST 2002

:It appears likely that our legislature will once more be considering a
:filtering mandate for public libraries.  I'm looking for research based
:information on the effectiveness of filters in screening "harmful"
:(whatever that is) while not filtering protected information.
Anecdotes
:are welcome, but analyses of large amounts of filtered content would be
:more useful.

Mine the citations in the Technote I did for PLA; they lead to a number
of useful places.  The Hunter analysis is particularly useful.

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com