[WEB4LIB] Re: Seemingly simple web FORM help request

Keith Higgs dkh2 at po.cwru.edu
Fri Feb 15 07:41:19 EST 2002

It requires an onsubmit event handler in the <form> tag. The function you
will write should access the document.[formname].[fieldname].value, modify
it, and return true. A return value of false will cause your form to not
submit. I use similar methods to perform client side validation.

Note: This method will only work if the client processes client-side scripts.

Keith

D. Keith Higgs. Email: dkh2 at po.cwru.edu, dkhiggs at yahoo.com
Case Western Reserve University, Webmaster - University Library
More Info: http://www.cwru.edu/UL/pershomepages/K_Higgs.html
"'C' is for Cookie, that's good enough for me."