[WEB4LIB] Re: Meta refresh in IE6

Greg Fleming gfleming at usc.edu
Thu Feb 14 12:06:51 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Robert Sullivan wrote:

> >Does anyone know if IE6 recognizes the meta-refresh tag and in what
> >circumstances? We recently upgraded one of our machines to IE6 in hopes of
> >correcting some problems.
>
> Yes, it does (just tested to be sure I hadn't missed something).  I have a few
> redirection pages and they are validated, doctype and all.  I don't know if
> that makes any difference.
>
> What were the problems you thought an upgrade would cure?
>
> Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
> Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org

	Thanks to everyone who checked my page and told me it works with
their version of IE 6. We had upgraded this machine to IE 6 because some
.dlls seemed to be corrupt and hoped the upgrade might fix things rather
than the reinstall of Windows that seems to be in order now.
	The sad thing is that the people who implemented the tracking are all
gone now and I don't think anyone's paying attention anymore. I'll
probably change everything to direct links when I have the time as the
design firm that did the site made all links that are external to the
*.marshall.usc.edu domain in the form of javascript:newWindow which has
bothered me from the get go.
Thanks again,
Greg