Netscape and comment tags

Katie Dunneback dunnebac at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 2 16:53:56 EST 2002

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any known problems with Netscape not liking
comment tags?  I know, I'm bad, I'm using a table for formatting, so I need to
use the comment tags to offset this, but Netscape 4.74 is blocking out the
first row where the title (which is a gif file) is.  This is the browser I
have to design to, and everything else in the table works fine, and shows up,
but this one little bit.  When I take the comment tags out, everything shows
up and works fine, so I've isolated the problem has something to do with them,
but for the life of me, I can't find a fix.  I've also matched up all of the
tags, as someone has suggested to me as a possible cause, but everything has a
closing tag.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Katie Dunneback
Graduate Assistant
UIUC Veterinary Medicine Library