[WEB4LIB] RE: "Piracy is Progressive Taxation"

L. E. Puckett lpuckett at billings.lib.mt.us
Fri Dec 20 18:02:25 EST 2002

Hello again.
>From the music angle, if you click on the Prime Palaver link, and go to
PP#11 posted in Sep 2002, you will see Janis Ian's take on Internet
pirating of music - she is a musician and singer who's been in the
business since the 1960's, and her opinions are quite emphatic <grin>.
Prime Palaver is a link on the Baen Free Library site at
http://www.baen.com/library/
No, I don't work for Baen. They publish a lot of very good science
fiction, which I read.
I don't know enough about their policies to know what they'd think about
other people putting Baen stuff on non-Baen servers, although if you
check out the What's New link they now have some stuff from other
publishers.
Lynne

--
L. E. Puckett
Reference & Electronic Systems Librarian