New Age OPACs: Innovative Public Access Systems

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Fri Dec 13 12:32:58 EST 2002

           _New Age OPACs: Innovative Public Access Systems_

   After a hiatus of two (2) years, I will be reliving [:-)] one of my early Web obsessions devoted to innovative online public access catalogs. As many of you know, back in the late 1990s, I established a clearinghouse focused on Innovative Public Access Systems called Onion Patch(sm)

        [http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Onion.htm ]

   Over the course of the next few months, I will be reviewing and updating Onion Patch(sm) and am interested in identifying and incorporating additional  novel/ingenious OPACs that are not presently profiled.

   As, Always, Any and All contributions, suggestions, comments, queries,
critiques, concerns, Cosmic Insights, or Resignations are Most Welcome!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Incorporated Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

               "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It"
                                                            Alan Kay