[WEB4LIB] Wireless on the cheap (or not) .. comments?

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu Dec 12 11:05:04 EST 2002

Go to the LibWireless list to get a really good discussion of this.  That
does not mean that such a discussion should not be here.  It would just get
more success stories on LibWireless.  Details for the list are:

The address to send messages to LibWireless is:
libwireless at ls.suny.edu

To subscribe, send a blank message to:
libwireless-subscribe at ls.suny.edu

Here are some recent articles on wireless in libraries.  More on are my
website at http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/.

Breeding, Marshall. "A Hard Look at Wireless Networks." School Library
Journal, Summer 2002 Net Connect, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p14. Library Journal,
Summer 2002 Net Connect, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p14.
URL:http://libraryjournal.reviewsnews.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid
=CA232339

Breeding, Marshall. "The Benefits of Wireless Technologies." Information
Today, March 2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p42. Available online via Gale's
Business & Company Resource Center, Article A83669239.

Drew, Bill. "The Wireless Student & the Library." School Library Journal,
Summer 2002 Net Connect, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p16. Library Journal, Summer 2002
Net Connect, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p16. URL:
http://libraryjournal.reviewsnews.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA2
32340

Mathias, Molly Susan and Steven Heser. "Mobilize Your Instruction Program
With Wireless Technology." Computers in Libraries, March 2002, Vol. 22 Issue
3, p24.

Graham, Rebecca A. "Wireless use in libraries." Library Hi Tech v. 20 no2.
2002 p.237-240.

I am also in the midst of finishing a long article for a library magazine on
wireless.  I will let ewveryone know when it will appear once I know for
sure it has been accepted for publication.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/
Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
Library: http://library.morrisville.edu/
SUNYConnect: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/

"They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all
quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution,man. I wouldn't
mess with them."  -- Michael Moore talking about librarians(Buzzflash,March
2002).