[WEB4LIB] RE: What's wrong with virtual reference?

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Fri Dec 6 12:01:39 EST 2002

Friday, December 6, 2002, 9:47:53 AM, you wrote:

JK> If the authors of the op-ed piece had boiled down their text to:

JK> "The amount of publicity that Digital Reference has received in
JK> professional library literature over the past year seems out of
JK> proportion to its niche benefits."

JK> ..I suspect that we'd have less to hassle over.

True enough.  However, that probably wouldn't have been a long enough
essay to merit adding to one's resume.  Of course that's true of half
the things published in the professional literature of librarianship
and most other fields.

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA