[WEB4LIB] Re: Web page color & accessibility

John Creech John.Creech at cwu.EDU
Tue Dec 3 14:48:32 EST 2002

> I can assure you that any webpages that use light on dark or similar
> 'fancy stuff' get bypassed quickly by many of us.
>
> cheers

> dan, being polite so you don't know what I really think

This isn't trying to be "artsyfartsy" or fancy or any other ridiculous
angle you're trying to hang on me as a developer for an academic library
(you must really crack yourself up) ...  it's part of our upcoming
implementation of the myLibrary at NCSU software here in my library.

I'm trying to figure out the myLibrary software and what portions of it I
have control over versus what the user will be able to customize. I'm
somewhat color-challenged, I have people in my organization who want this
color scheme or that, and I just want to get it done by Winter Quarter.

This is for the initial page they will get before they perhaps choose to
customize their personal pages. Each section has a header above it that
defines content within that section...I should have said that in my
original post.  This isn't for the entire page.

I resent your implications on what I'm trying to do--i.e. your cutsey lil
note on being polite rather than telling me what you think, along with
four bits, gets you coffee in my town.

John Creech
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th Ave. | Ellensburg, WA 98926 |
office - 509.963.1081 || fax - 509.963.3684
creechj at www.lib.cwu.edu