[WEB4LIB] Running Folio 4 databases from a web page (via a li nk, of course)

Dobbs, Aaron DobbsA at apsu.edu
Fri Aug 30 21:26:24 EDT 2002

file:///%systemroot%/system32/command.exe (9x executable)
file:///%systemroot%/system32/cmd.exe (NT executable)

If your email is set to "paranoidly high" (my phrase) the link won't work;
copy & paste into your browser & get a command prompt.  Whee!  you can also
put this in a web page and point to any executable.  Nota Bene:  If the
executable doesn't exist on the local machine it will not work and an error
will be displayed.

The format is file:/// (yes 3 slashes) <path>  i.e.
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE for NT based boxen or
C:\windows\system32\command.exe for Win 9x based boxen.  Forward slashes
suggested, but either kind work after the initial 3 forward slashes.

If you want it to work on custom installations, substitute %systemroot% as I
did in my example.  (You will need to know which executable to call.  It's
OS dependent.

-Aaron
:-)'

PS 1 4/\/\/ n07 4|\| 31337 |-|4X0R

"Teach a fish to man, and suddenly he's a UNIX expert."