IE 5.5 freezing

VanderHart, Robert Robert.VanderHart at umassmed.edu
Wed Aug 28 12:28:01 EDT 2002

One of our librarians is having a problem with our intranet login page on
our web site.  When she types in her username, the browser (IE 5.5 SP1 on
Windows NT 4.0) freezes up and it takes a couple of minutes before she can
move the cursor into the password field.  I have in the past experienced the
same problem on a site that uses a form-based login, specifically
TheCounter.com when it was still free, but I don't remember what the fix
was, and I don't think I've seen this behavior in IE 5.5 before now.  I have
the same browser/OS combination that she's using but I have never had the
problem on our intranet login that she's having.  Login with Netscape works
fine for her.

I've searched the archives and Microsoft Support site but I haven't turned
up anything specifically, just general references to 5.5 hanging while
browsing.  Can someone help with this problem?

Robert J. Vander Hart
Electronic Resources Librarian
The Lamar Soutter Library
55 Lake Avenue N