eProfiles: Innovative Information Systems and Services

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Fri Aug 23 10:47:44 EDT 2002

            eProfiles: Innovative Information Systems and Services

   I am pleased to announce that my PowerPoint presentation for
WiLSWorld 2002 [http://www.wils.wisc.edu/events/wworld02/post.html ]
is now available.

"In recent years, a number of experimental and operational Web-based
information systems and services have emerged that offer advanced and
novel features, functionalities, and content. In this presentation, a
variety of these innovative services will be profiled, as will their
associated technologies. The potential impact of these systems on the
development and enhancement of commercial and library information
services will also be reviewed and discussed."

     Three systems are profiled:

NASA Astrophysics Data Systems Abstract Service: Astronomy and
Astrophysics

NEC Research Institute ResearchIndex

eprints.org

    The presentation is directly available
[ http://www.wils.wisc.edu/events/wworld02/present/eProfiles.ppt ]

    Enjoy!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Innovative Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

        "The Best Way to Predict to the Future is to Invent It!"
                                                  Alan Kay