[WEB4LIB] Re: Arial MS Unicode Font

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Fri Aug 23 10:15:57 EDT 2002

> I'll post a less than amusing anecdote about Netscape 6.2 and a Unicode
> webpac.  Innovative Interfaces outputs Unicode at port 1080 for webpacs
> which are Unicode enabled.  Netscape 6.2 is unable to access
> these webpacs
> because of some built-in security limitations which prevent Netscape 6.2
> from accessing this port.

Here are instructions on overriding this:
http://www.ufaq.org/ns6/banned_ports.html

Michael Sauers, Librarian, Trainer & Author
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: 303-751-6277 x124 :: msauers at bcr.org
http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
a:visited {display: none}
"No no, it's spelled Raymond Luxury Yacht, but
it's pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove."
-- Monty Python
                       _
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
 - against HTML email  X