[WEB4LIB] Accessing documents in multiple frames

Fernando Gómez fgomez at criba.edu.ar
Thu Aug 22 15:30:06 EDT 2002

Thank you Eric.

> since a javascript can talk to its source, if you let javascript read
> remote documents, then you would be letting the source of the
> javascript  read any document you had access to, which would be a
> security issue to say the least.

Well, that's more or less what I was beginnig to think, but I still don't
see it very clearly. Do you know if that limitation is documented/discussed
somewhere?

And, going back to my original motivation: what mechanism do we have to
parse data form another frame (at least, in a controlled environment such as
the one this application will be working under)?

Fernando Gómez

Biblioteca Dr. Antonio Monteiro
Instituto de Matemática de Bahía Blanca
Universidad Nacional del Sur / CONICET