[WEB4LIB] RE: Seattletimes.com: website shut down

Paul Taylor ptaylor at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Aug 21 15:39:42 EDT 2002

Actually--and I confess I can feel the flames already--taking the web site
down makes sense, as noted here. Additionally, though, it occurs to me that
absence DOES make the heart grow fonder, so maybe a little down-time for the
library now and then would remind people of their value. Maybe a week a year
during which everyone gets a vacation.

And, to keep it on target (heh), maybe the library should set up a simple
server offsite somewhere to count the number of requests to the system during
the down time, to see if they increase because people can't use the building
proper.

-Paul

--
Paul Taylor