netscape profile and mapped drive

Kristi Cate kcate at fspl.lib.ar.us
Tue Aug 20 09:43:26 EDT 2002

I am hoping someone can give me some suggestions or help.  We are
currently using netscape 4.76 for our browser and email.  Our reference
librarian has a computer in his office but also a computer out at the
front desk where he spends a large majority of his time. When he finds
sites he wants to bookmark (while out front) he wants them to
automatically update his computer in his office.  So, I set up his
profile settings (mail and bookmarks, etc.) on his office computer and
then when I set up the profile out front I mapped it to the profile in
his office. So, he is able to access his mail and have his bookmarks
update simultaneously  on both machines.  Lately however he has had
problems accessing his mail from the front machine.  The machine in his
office works fine.  If you have the email open in the back and try to
access it out front of course it doesn't work.  And that's what this is
like--even though everything is closed. You can click on the envelope
icon but nothing happens.  It's like netscape still thinks there is a
process running. I have tried recreating the profile, reinstalling
netscape all to no avail.  Does anyone have any suggestions or perhaps
another way I can accomplish this (without having to copy the bookmark
file to a disk each time to update the 2nd machine). Could it be
possible there is something stuck in the registry?

Thank you very much,

--
Kristi Cate
Computer Services