[WEB4LIB] SharePoint

Avi Rappoport avi-list at searchtools.com
Thu Aug 15 13:58:58 EDT 2002

At 2:00 PM -0700 8/14/02, Perbohner, Ann wrote:
>I am seriously looking at implementing SharePoint for our enterprise
>Intranet and a few small Internet sites.
>
>Has anyone implemented SharePoint? What do you think of it?

The search engine is a lightly improved version of the old Index
Server, apparently uses Baysian algorithms which don't work well with
short queries.  I personally find it difficult to search.  Just a
data point.

Avi
--
Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets
    <http://www.searchtools.com>