[WEB4LIB] Re: Question 2

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Wed Aug 7 15:16:12 EDT 2002

How do I get a two column display of the content using CSS so that both
columns are in line at the top?

I am experimenting on getting rid of using tables for design purposes.

Here is my test page: http://library.morrisville.edu/indextest.html

Here is the relevant style set up so far:

.Navigation {
    position:absolute;/*The navigation on the left side, positioned
absolutely*/
    top: 100px;
    left:150px;
	align: center;
	 width: auto;
    height: auto;
    font-family : Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    line-height : 110%;/*line-height set to 110% in order to*/
    }                  /*have the navigation elements better separated*/
body {
		font-family : "TIMES NEW ROMAN", "TIMES ROMAN", TIMES,
SERIF;
		font-weight : all;
		font-size : medium;
		background-color : transparent;
      }
.Content{
	margin-left: 5%;
	margin-right:50%;
	align: left;
}
.talk{
	postion:relative;
	margin-left: 55%;
	top: 1%;
}

Navigation is the top part above the line.

Content is the left hand column.

Talk is the right hand column.

I want the right hand column to be even with the left at the top.

Any suggestions?

Bill Drew