[WEB4LIB] Re: Fonts & CSS

Jeremy Foster agjf1 at nsh.library.ns.ca
Wed Aug 7 07:27:33 EDT 2002

Thank-you to everyone for their views on this.

Possibly I was reading this line wrong when I was going over guidelines:

"Note that conformance to this checkpoint is important even though Priority 2 Checkpoints 3.1 and 3.3 suggest implementing a stylesheet. Note that conformance to this checkpoint also may require you to violate the Priority 2 Checkpoint 11.2 which advises avoiding old features such as FONT."

I am not trying to force fonts on anyone :-) just want to be able to define a base font , that will work with most of our users and still be accessable friendly.

I had planned on using the H1 - H6 tags to headline the sections but the problem with this is not all formatted text needs to stand out so much if CSS is not supported.

Once again thank you for your input, I have the information I required.

Jeremy Foster
HRL Webmaster
agjf1 at nsh.library.ns.ca
Tel: (902)490-5670