PCDs and library websites

Joanna DiPasquale jjd230 at nyu.edu
Thu Aug 1 10:31:48 EDT 2002

Our library's IT director is starting to think about pushing selected
pieces of our website to portable communication devices (he's thinking
for iPacs and phones right now).  I checked the archive, which links to
Karl Bridges' article on the subject (7/12/2002, "The Wireless Future of
Library Computing").  However, I was hoping that those of you who have
built a wireless area to your site (or are in the throes of doing so)
could share some of your experiences with me.  Did you use wdap, wml?
What problems did you discover along the way?  Any experiences you could
share with me regarding this would be great.

Thanks!

Joanna DiPasquale
Web Administrator
Bobst Library - NYU