[WEB4LIB] OPAC interface mgnt was - Re: Innopac CSS & Mozilla not playing nicely

Lydia C Bauer lydia.bauer at bms.com
Mon Aug 19 10:13:12 EDT 2002

I think the managed of an OPAC is pretty ILS-dependant.  I manage a Horizon system and the OPAC is configured through a GUI administrative client.  HTML is helpful for formatting some of the content, but there are few opportunities to use it - and no way to access the style sheets
directly - just indirectly through the admin client.  MARC knowledge (or the assistance of a knowledgeable cataloger) is essential for setting up the indexes and displays.
How does Millennium allow for the managment of the OPAC?  That will be key factor in determining what you need to know.
Lydia Bauer