EZProxy Config Woes

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Wed Aug 14 11:28:03 EDT 2002

Dear Colleagues:

Recently I added a number of databases, five in number, to the config file
of our EZProxy server and it seems like these most recent additions just
didn't "take".  The config file itself shows the changes.  The old
databases work fine.  The new ones will authenticate via the proxy.  Still,
the moment the proxy passes off-campus users on to the new databases
themselves, the database sites read their home IP numbers and all goes
kerplooey.  (We running Win2k, by the way).

The vendors are as different as Factiva and Eric E*Subscribe so it's hard
not to the locate the problem at the proxy which is their common point.

Has anyone ever run into this problem?  Should I just hang it up and pursue
a more promising line of work?

LEO

Leo Robert Klein                            Library Web Coordinator
office :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://newman.baruch.cuny.edu
radio station ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://patachon.com/radio