[WEB4LIB] RE: testing web pages- a question

Keith Higgs dkh2 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Aug 14 08:44:18 EDT 2002

BOFH: adj. "geek-speak" shorthand for "Bastard Operator From Hell."  The
classic examples are:

#1)
BOFH: [answers phone] Network Services.
User: I need to get more file space allocated to my server account. I'm
working on a big database project and am running up against my quota.
BOFH: [looks at user account folder, sees 50MB of .dbf files & deletes
them.] There, you should have plenty of space now.
User: Gee, thanks! [hangs up]
User: [accesses server account] [screams]

#2) from back in the Windows 3.x on top of DOS days.
BOFH: [answers phone] Help Desk.
User: I'm trying to save the latest version of [insert your favorite
software here] and I keep getting a message that says "Out of space on
drive C:"
BOFH: Close windows and return to your DOS command prompt. Now enter the
following command:
      FORMAT C: \U \X
  Reminder:
     \U == "Unconditional." write zeros to each block on the disk.
     \X == "Don't warn me about this being a fixed drive, just do it."

D. Keith Higgs <mailto:dkh2 at po.cwru.edu>
 Case Western Reserve University, Webmaster - University Library
 Additional Information at http://www.cwru.edu/UL/
"Follow the white rabbit."