[WEB4LIB] user-modified webpage

Chris Murphy chrism at thecommunitylibrary.org
Tue Aug 13 11:10:45 EDT 2002

How about a blog? I used an off site blogger to create an intranet page that
staff could update on their own.

I used http://www.blogger.com to create the blog, and hosted it for free (with
advertising banners) at http://www.blogspot.com. For a small fee, you can do
away with advertising.

As the blog administrator, you can edit the look and feel of the site, control
content, and assign permissions for uploading content, etc. There are many
freely available templates for creating blog pages, or you can match your
intranet's layout.

There are other free blogger sites besides blogger.com and blogspot.com, but
they are perhaps the most popular.

Best regards,

Chris Murphy

--