[WEB4LIB] comments wanted on CSS based page

David Jones djones at scu.edu
Thu Aug 8 19:24:32 EDT 2002

>>> "Drew, Bill" <drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU> 08/08/02 01:21PM >>>
I would like comments on the lay out and appearance of my new test page at:

http://library.morrisville.edu/indextest.html
<<<

Bill,

In IE 5.1 on Mac OS X, the right hand menu bar displays left aligned at the end of the page, after your counter. I can't quickly put my finger on what is causing this except for suggesting this bit:

If I comment out all of the content in your divs and just put in a word, the javascript "page created" & "this page is" elements and google/web counter stuff still show up in the browser. Not good. It seems like something is breaking the comment in the main content div at the point where your javascript includes start and continues through the google stuff. If you play around deleting chunks of it, you can probably find the error. If I delete all of the content from your div's, they display correctly, so it is not the divs themselves or the style sheet, but something in the first content div.

Also, the mouseover on the two links in the "maintained by" wipe out the text line back to the left (so, when you mouse over the email link, the "Maintained by Wilfred Drew. Email:" disappears. This is caused by the center alignment in that paragraph, I think...

Your java applet points at the morrisville home page as the source of the plugin if it's missing from the browser...

HTH,
David

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
David Jones
Library Systems Manager III
Orradre Library
mailto:djones at scu.edu
phone: 408-551-7167
fax:   408-551-1805
http://www.scu.edu/library/

Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara CA 95053-0500

"If you're half-evil, nothing soothes you more than to
think the person you are opposed to is totally evil."
 - - Norman Mailer