At the risk of being burnt...

Steve Garwood sgarwood at infolink.org
Mon Aug 5 12:49:42 EDT 2002

to death by Flames :-)

Flash, Java, Javascript, HTML, Animations, 8pt text....

As long as we know our USERS and are meeting their needs isn't that the
point?

Granted we can't design all sites for all people, but I do think that the
AUDIENCE focus is paramount. I.E. if I was designing a site for College age
students, I'd want a different feel, look, etc. than a site for the
Elderly.

IMHO, I think libraries as a whole can win the "Ugliest sites ever created"
award as an "industry" and especially in this era of trying to attract
younger audiences, perhaps including some of these technologies (gratuitous
as they may seem to be) isn't such a bad idea.

Flame Away :-)

Steve

Steve Garwood
Program and Services Coordinator, INFOLINK
Tel: 732-752-7720  Fax: 732-752-7785
Toll free: 866-505-LINK  Fax: 800-793-8007
Email to: sgarwood at infolink.org
Web: http://www.infolink.org
"Leadership can be summed up in two words: 'Follow Me'" - Richard Marcinko