DTD of Choice (was Re: browser differences)

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Aug 2 23:03:29 EDT 2002

At 10:30 AM 8/2/02 -0700, Joyce M. Latham wrote:
>Alright, I have a question here.  Last summer, and I realize things
>change but ... when I was having trouble getting CSS to work you all
>said I needed to use 4.01 Transitional... We *are* still looking at alot
>of older browsers out there ... so, what should we be coding with?

I'm not having any luck finding this statement in the archive, so I'm not
sure what the context of specific reasoning was.  These days I start by
planning to use strict; if I really need something from Transitional
("target=..." is usually the trigger) I fall back to transitional.

Thomas Dowling
Ohio Library and Information Network
tdowling at ohiolink.edu