[WEB4LIB] Re: browser differences

Joyce M. Latham latham1 at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 2 12:58:13 EDT 2002

I would ask what the institutional identity is here.  In our web design
task, we talk about designing for an audience, and, the web design will
identify what audience you hope to attract.  High end, flashy web pages
-- nomatter how nifty -- are targeting a particular audience, and
leaving out a large user group -- the people who don't have high end
flashy computers with the latest browsers (like alot of public
libraries.)

The students love the Krug book "Don't make me think".  They do
recognize the limitations of the work in a library environment ... but
it became a good touchstone for us:  How much do I have to think about
this?  How long do I have to wait for this?  And, do I care if the
people still using Netscape 4.7 can see it ???

Joyce

Joyce

--
Joyce M. Latham