[WEB4LIB] Microsoft Server Index

Lynley Jones Lynley.Jones at parliament.govt.nz
Sun Apr 21 17:29:22 EDT 2002

Hi

You can definitely restrict Microsoft Index Server to specific
directories, and use different form variables to search subsets of your
site.  The Index Server forms that I have seen provide a section at the
top of the form: 'Instructions for quick customization' with commented
sections explaining how to change page logo, page background, page
title, and simple query parameters.

What you want to do is modify the form's search scope.  If your form
includes the customization instructions, there should be a section in
your search page that notes the parameter to be changed:

e.g.

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="CiScope"
VALUE="/corporate/,/library/resources/"> where the value is the
directory or directories to be searched.

In another Index Server form we use that is written a bit differently,
'FormScope' is declared as a variable, so change the variable, and
change the search scope.

If your form doesn't include the customization instructions, you can
hopefully find the piece of code that controls the scope.

Regards

Lynley

 Lynley Jones
 Systems & Project Co-ordinator