[WEB4LIB] Flash vs HTML: Half-Full or Half-Empty?

Gimon, Charles A CAGimon at mplib.org
Fri Apr 5 17:15:16 EST 2002

As I read it, the study claims there is neither an advantage nor a
disadvantage to using Flash if you are measuring the ability to retrieve
information.

So as I see it, the many other disadvantages of Flash (proprietary standard,
awful for document management, bandwidth suck, inaccessible) remain to
advise one against its use on serious sites.

I was amused that a certain percentage of participants seem to be saying "I
didn't find what I wanted on either site, but I enjoyed not finding it in
Flash more!!"

--Charles Gimon
  Web Coordinator
  Minneapolis Public Library