IE Home page

Grace E. Lee glee at nyls.edu
Tue Apr 2 13:52:59 EST 2002

Dear Arthur:

We are using Fortres and Windows 98 in our public labs. I use a
registry edit. Please BACK UP your registry file first!

Go to Start>Run, type regedit. Navigate to:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer.

Right-click on the  Internet Explorer key, choose new>Key, name it
Control Panel.

Right-click on the Control Panel, chose new>DWORD value, name
it Homepage.

Right-click on Homepage, choose modify and type in the number
1. (HomePage=1)

This should lock your home page, so no other web site can change
it. Then navigate here and verify the homepage is correct:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
look for the Start Page entry.

Hope this helps.

> Does anybody know how to LOCK the home page to prevent it from being
> changed?  We are having problems with web sites changing the homepage.
> Fortres keeps it from being changed manually.
>
> Arthur Christy
> Texas A&M University Texarkana
> Library Datacenter
> 1024 Tucker Street
> Texarkana, TX  75505
> 903-223-3159

Grace E. Lee, Electronic Services Librarian
Mendik Library, New York Law School
57 Worth St., NY NY 10013
212-431-2858
email:glee at nyls.edu