New Strict XHTML Resource

Chris Gray cpgray at library.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 29 10:51:31 EDT 2002

I mentioned to the list that I'm working on a tutorial on strict XHTML.
As part of that I have put together a summary table of the content model
for strict XHTML that I thought might be of value even before the tutorial
is ready.

This table gives guidance on which elements may contain or be contained by
which elements.  This is more tightly controlled in strict XHTML (or in
strict HTML 4.01 for that matter) than in transitional XHTML and it is one
point that gets less attention than the element types and attributes that
have been pruned from strict XHTML.

The table is available at
<http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/~cpgray/strict_contents.html>.

Chris Gray