[WEB4LIB] seeking cheap firewall solution

Lewis, Erik elewis at state.lib.ga.us
Wed Apr 17 10:04:25 EDT 2002

1) Use apache for win32
2) Set an .htaccess list
3) Don't enter a gateway

-----Original Message-----
From: Info Galway Library [mailto:info at galwaylibrary.ie]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:54 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: [WEB4LIB] seeking cheap firewall solution

Hi,

In one of our branches we have 4 internet pcs connected to the internet via
a LAN modem and an ISDN line. We connect to the internet through an ISP. Our
plan is to attach a Windows NT workstation running Personal Web Server to
this network. This will serve webpages to the 4 internet pcs. It should only
respond to requests from these pcs and not respond to internet traffic. How
do I make this webserver secure from hackers? Do I need an additional
router?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
John Fitzgibbon