[WEB4LIB] Database in your face?

Mary Beth Faccioli mbfaccioli at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 20:06:08 EDT 2002

>consequently students see the word "journal" and
click on it

I think you answered your own question.  Librarians
who know that your databases have more than just
journals are not your primary users.  Unless the
majority of your users are looking for that "other
stuff," I believe you/we are making things much more
difficult by not labeling content in language your/our
users understand.

Mary Beth Faccioli
Library Associate
Georgia State University Pullen Library