Announcement: Digital Preservation Videoconference

Lytle,Amy lytlea at oclc.org
Tue Apr 16 11:24:09 EDT 2002

Do you recall the glorious color images sent back by Voyager?  Or photos of
the first humans on the moon?
Where is that information now?  Will future generations be able to access
it?  Conceived by NASA, the
Open Archival Information System (OAIS) standard offers a framework for
protecting our digital heritage.
What does OAIS mean to information professionals?  How should we apply it to
our storage, preservation,
and access projects?

Please join us this Friday, April 19, noon-2:30 EST, for the OCLC
Institute's second "Steering by Standards"
videoteleconference.  Our speakers on the topic of "The OAIS Imperative:
Enduring Record or Digital Dust?"--
Don Sawyer of NASA, Bruce Ambacher of NARA, and MacKenzie Smith of MIT--will
welcome your comments
and questions via e-mail, fax, or toll-free phone.

For registration information, please see
http://oclc.org/institute/events/sbs.htm.

If you have questions, please contact Amy Lytle, OCLC Institute, at
amy_lytle at oclc.org or call 800-848-5878 x 5212