[WEB4LIB] CSS help

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Tue Apr 23 14:28:42 EDT 2002

Karen, I ran your stylesheet through the CSS validator at htmlhelp.com
(http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/), which spit out the following:

    a.nav { width: 16%; color: #000; text-decoration: none; }

    Warning: The width property only applies to block-level and replaced
    elements, and elements with position value absolute.

So, it looks like IE will make an exception, but technically you can't
specify a width for the A tag.  You'll need to adjust the layout using a
table, or DIVs etc.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Information Technology Services Division,
  University of Saskatchewan