Internet Explorer question

Gary Plescher pleschga at oplin.lib.oh.us
Tue Apr 23 14:27:16 EDT 2002

Good afternoon,

Is there a way, without using third party software, to limit downloads
to the floppy disk in Internet Explorer?  I have been working with
TweakUI from Annoyances.org to block out all drives save for the floppy
drive, but users are still able to save to the desktop.  They are also
using the "Run Program from Current Location" to get MSN Messenger and
the like on our computers.  Is there a way to block users from being
able to save to the desktop, and to disable the "Run Program from
Current Location" function in Internet Explorer?  I would appreciate any
advice or other information.

Thanks,
Gary Plescher

--
Gary Plescher
Computer Systems Manager - Putnam County District Library
Email - pleschga at oplin.lib.oh.us
Phone - 419-523-3747